Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 22-27

**Here's a picture of the lone wolf that broke off from the pack and has been seen along Rt. 287 along the north shore of Hebgen Lake around Red Canyon Road**

Soooo.....it's very very hard for me to get onto the internet here so for those that are keeping an update on what I've been doing, I'm sorry. Basically, I've just been working a lot! We finally got the Visitor Center open and have been busier than we expected. The weather has been cold and rain/snowy...so it drove people out of Yellowstone and to our Visitors Center.

But...because of the fact that we don't have any water because of a pipe breaking, we've been waiving the $3.00 entrance fee. Every 1/2 hour we play a movie at the VC called "Forces of Nature". I am so freaking sick of listening to that movie. I pretty much can quote it word for word by now.

Talked to my dad today about the trip him and my brother are planning in July and I'm soooo excited for them to come out!!! We're gonna fish and backpack and go to the rodeo and all this great stuff! I'm going to be able to take off Monday-Friday, so I'm gonna get 5 days with them and I am just so so excited!

We've been seeing the wolf a lot lately that broke off from one of the packs in the park. Apparently there are two, but Chad (our Law Enforcement guy) killed one today by shooting it in the head because it was getting way to friendly with tourists. Also, a moose near the VC had a baby, so tonight Craig and I are going to go look for it. We gotta be careful though cause moose cows are extremely protective of their babies.

I have 3 days off this week, which is nice. And for those that care, I got paid double time on Memorial Day..which came out to $25.46 an hour! Then next week on my days off I have training in Big Sky, MT (yes, like the ski resort) which I'll be getting paid time and a half, so thats like $17.00 an hour! I'm so excited to actually be making some money compared to last summer which actually cost money.

The bunk house is filling up with people..mainly fire crews, but also backcountry rangers and wildlife biology folks. One of the Fire Crew people goes to Slippery Rock University with me! I think that's so crazy. He's a freshman from Warren, PA. I've never met him at school, but he really is a nice guy.

Thats about it for now! Keep me in your prayers and you'll be in mine!

No comments: