Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting Ready To Hit The Road


Well, we're less than 1 week away and counting down until I hit the road for yet another summer. It's going to be a good one. I can feel it.

For those wondering my route, it is going to be as follows. I'll be taking I-79 south to I-70 west. At the end of day 1, I'll be staying with a friend from high school in Columbia, Missouri. Day 2, I'll meet up with Spencer and we'll take I-70 west to I-29 north. This will hook us up to I-90 west, where we will stay in Rapid City, SD for night number 2. On day 3, we will take I-90 west to 191 South at Bozeman, MT, all the way into West Yellowstone, MT.

This is the town that I will call home for the summer. I'll be working for the National Forest Service at the Earthquake Lake Visitors Center in the Hebgen Lake Ranger District of the Gallatin National Forest. Friends from home and friends from last summer will be out west this summer working in Yellowstone National Park and in West Yellowstone. It's going to be a great summer, so keep checking back to see all the fun things we're all doing! Leave some comments and let me know what you think!

The picture above is the landslide caused by the 1959 earthquake which dammed up the Madison River and formed Quake Lake...the reason I get to work out west this summer!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Just wondering if this is Cory that knows the Watsons