Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Almost in...

Been on the road for about 2 days now and it has just been a whirlwind of driving. I ended up leaving about 7 am on Monday and driving by myself for the first 12 hours. Let me tell you, that had to be the most boring thing I have ever done. I just listened to music and basically talked to myself. I finally made it into Columbia, MO and met up with Ashley around 7 o'clock in the evening.

We ate dinner at some really good restaurant called Flat Branch near the University of Missouri and then she showed me around campus. Mizzou is prob. one of the greatest campuses I have ever seen! They have a lazy river in their Rec. Center with waterfalls and everything!

Spencer and his family spent the night in Columbia too, so in the morning he literally hopped into my truck on the side of I-70. We drove 14 1/2 hours yesterday, about 950 miles! Up through Iowa and across South Dakota. Let me tell you, again it was boring. Wall Drug was closed by the time we got there...but there is still some snow on the ground and it's cold here.

I stopped at a gas station and Premium Silver gas was cheaper than regular, so I thought I'd put that in instead. Yea, between that and Spencer driving 85 miles an hour down the highway I only got 14 miles to the gallon. I was extremely mad. So we had to stop in Murdo, SD to get more gas and according to the pump the guy only charged me 2.22 a gallon. It was some weird little backcountry shop with the old school pumps you have to flip a switch on and stuff.

So today we're doing the Black Hills and all that good stuff and heading on into West Yellowstone today! I'll try to update as much as I can, but internet has been sketchy!!

Have a good one! Keep me in your prayers and you'll be in mine!

No comments: