Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May 28-June 2

It's been a  busy week out here in West Yellowstone, MT...although I can't exactly say that the weather has been cooperating the way that we really want it to. I've still be out at the VC ALOT, but it's going a little better. 

Jeff Bowen, Craig's dad, is here now and that completes the staff of the VC for the summer. I've met a lot of nice people who are doing Fire Crews, Fisheries Biology, Wildlife Biology, and Noxious Weed Eradication. There's a ton of people to meet, but it really seems like they all have the same days off and I just kinda sit around on my days off cause I'm the only one.

Spencer is hopefully gonna start getting Tues/Wed off, which would be nice cause there is just so much stuff I wanna see. I can't wait to start helping out of my days off though with Fire camps, biology stuff, etc...in order to gain more experience in the US Forest Service. Maybe I could get a position back home in the Allegheny National Forest up near my cabin! That would be totally awesome!

Today we had District Orientation, so I got to meet all the Big Whigs of the Hebgen Lake Ranger District and some people from the Bozeman Ranger District...

Speaking of Bozeman, I got to go there the other day to pick up Spencer's girlfriend and while I was there I toured around Montana State University for a while. That campus is soooo nice. Such a nice area....I mean, it can't hurt to look at schools for possible Grad. School, can it?

There is still 1 wolf left in our area and the bison are slowly moving back into the park. There is a protest group that is against the hazing/slaughtering of the bison (even though some of them carry Brucellosis, which is like Mad Cow)..and they've been following Forest Service employees and questioning them, stuffing gate locks with feces and barbed wire....they're pretty radical.

Thats about it for now!

I have tomorrow (Wed 6/4) off and Thurs/Fri (6/5-6/6) I'm up in Big Sky, MT (yes, like the ski resort) for First Aid/CPR, Defensive Driving, and AGLEARN Training....so I'll be around!!!

Keep me in your prayers and you'll all be in mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.